- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Isolate Iran before it harms Israel
As Iran continues to develop its weapons arsenal, its leadership in Tehran constantly reminds the international community that it wants to see an end to Israel’s existence.
Iran is the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism and operates through various proxies, notably Hezbollah, Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad. Iran-backed terrorists in Gaza have fired at least 170 rockets and other weapons at Israel so far this year, despite the fact that it’s been five years since there was a single Israeli settlement in Gaza.
The Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps-Quds Force (IRGC-QF) trains troops around the world and covertly supplies weapons to advance “Iranian interests” - acts that include killing Americans. Imagine if they had nuclear weapons.
The United States should press its allies to enact a new round of sanctions aimed at isolating the Iranian Central Bank, which finances and facilitates the Islamic republic’s nuclear program. All options must remain on the table should sanctions fail.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Study: Children fare better in traditional mom-dad families
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'