- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Michael Grandage to leave the Donmar Warehouse
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - Theater director Michael Grandage will be leaving the acclaimed Donmar Warehouse after nine years at its helm.
Grandage, who replaced Sam Mendes as artistic director of the 250-seat, not-for-profit Donmar in 2002, says in a statement that he wants to "develop my work as a director in other ways."
The Donmar under Grandage incubated a number of shows that transferred to Broadway, including "Red," "Hamlet" with Jude Law, Patrick Marber's "After Miss Julie," "Mary Stuart," and "Frost/Nixon." It also took a revival of "Parade" to Los Angeles and its production of "Guys and Dolls" to Australia.
Grandage, who won a 2010 Tony for directing "Red," says he will leave the Donmar late in 2011.
No replacement was immediately named.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq