- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
Portrait Gallery presents ‘Peanuts’ creator Schulz
WASHINGTON (AP) - A photograph of “Peanuts” comic strip creator Charles Schulz is being presented to the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery in recognition of his impact on millions of people around the world.
The Friday presentation comes a day before a family festival at the museum with Snoopy and a screening of the film, “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.”
Schulz died 10 years ago and Saturday marks the 60th anniversary of the “Peanuts” strip. It continues to appear in more than 2,200 newspapers in 75 different countries.
The photograph of Schulz by portraitist Yousuf Karsh is the gallery’s first image of the famous cartoonist. It depicts Schulz at his drawing board with a partially completed comic of Charlie Brown and Lucy.
National Portrait Gallery: http://www.npg.si.edu/
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.