- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Johnson helps Titans drop Cowboys to 1-3
Question of the Day
“I don’t think he was trying to do anything different,” Witten said.
Phillips said he was told Colombo going to the ground was enough to draw the flag, even if it was by accident. Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1 (d) of the NFL Rule Book says “players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations while on the ground,” and (e) says a penalty can be levied if “two-or-more players engage in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations.”
“You want guys to celebrate, but not get celebration penalties,” Phillips said.
Tennessee has alternated wins and losses all season, and this was its time to win. Doing so made it 11 straight victories against the NFC, the longest active non-conference streak in the NFL.
The Titans‘ defense also bulked up a sack total that already was tied for the league lead.
Johnson got to savor punishing the team he wanted to play for coming out of college and that was looking for a speedy running back at the time. Dallas took Felix Jones two picks before Tennessee grabbed Johnson. Jones gained 109 yards Sunday, his career high; Johnson went over 2,000 yards last season. Johnson celebrated his winning touchdown by standing on the Cowboys‘ star logo in the end zone and spreading his arms in exultation — without drawing a flag, either.
“Just all fun and games,” Johnson said. “I like to entertain. I feel like this team needs to get back to having fun and things like that, it was just all a part of it.”
Notes: Young was 12 of 25 for 173 yards. He wears No. 10 and got a kick out of winning on the date 10-10-10. … Austin caught nine passes for 166 yards. Witten had nine for 84 and passed Kellen Winslow for fourth on the career receptions list for tight ends. … Dallas had won at least three straight after a bye in each of Phillips‘ three seasons. … This was the second straight game the Cowboys allowed a 100-yard rusher after not doing so for 18 straight games. … Tennessee LB Gerald McRath had eight tackles after missing the first four games while serving a suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Sebelius adds another Obamacare exemption
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Paul Rondeau exposes the propaganda, media tricks, and government policies that undermine our families, faith, freedom…and even life itself
Implement these actionable tips, how-to’s and best practices in 10 minutes or less to leverage online communications and technology for brand, business and career development.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow