- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Johnson helps Titans drop Cowboys to 1-3
Question of the Day
“I don’t think he was trying to do anything different,” Witten said.
Phillips said he was told Colombo going to the ground was enough to draw the flag, even if it was by accident. Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1 (d) of the NFL Rule Book says “players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations while on the ground,” and (e) says a penalty can be levied if “two-or-more players engage in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations.”
“You want guys to celebrate, but not get celebration penalties,” Phillips said.
Tennessee has alternated wins and losses all season, and this was its time to win. Doing so made it 11 straight victories against the NFC, the longest active non-conference streak in the NFL.
The Titans‘ defense also bulked up a sack total that already was tied for the league lead.
Johnson got to savor punishing the team he wanted to play for coming out of college and that was looking for a speedy running back at the time. Dallas took Felix Jones two picks before Tennessee grabbed Johnson. Jones gained 109 yards Sunday, his career high; Johnson went over 2,000 yards last season. Johnson celebrated his winning touchdown by standing on the Cowboys‘ star logo in the end zone and spreading his arms in exultation — without drawing a flag, either.
“Just all fun and games,” Johnson said. “I like to entertain. I feel like this team needs to get back to having fun and things like that, it was just all a part of it.”
Notes: Young was 12 of 25 for 173 yards. He wears No. 10 and got a kick out of winning on the date 10-10-10. … Austin caught nine passes for 166 yards. Witten had nine for 84 and passed Kellen Winslow for fourth on the career receptions list for tight ends. … Dallas had won at least three straight after a bye in each of Phillips‘ three seasons. … This was the second straight game the Cowboys allowed a 100-yard rusher after not doing so for 18 straight games. … Tennessee LB Gerald McRath had eight tackles after missing the first four games while serving a suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq