- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
UCLA suspends 2 for next game vs. Oregon
Question of the Day
Smith is the Bruins’ top kick returner, averaging 27.4 yards on 14 kickoff returns. The junior transfer student from Colorado also caught three passes and rushed for 74 yards in UCLA’s first six games.
Presley’s position is a combination of fullback and tight end. He also has caught three passes this season while starting all six games.
The suspensions are the latest setbacks in a series of disciplinary problems for the Bruins over the past two years.
Presley also was suspended for one game last season for violating team rules, along with receiver Randall Carroll, cornerback Courtney Viney and tailback Milton Knox, who later transferred to Fresno State.
Offensive lineman Stanley Hasiak later was dismissed from the team for personal reasons, but has since been reinstated.
Safety E.J. Woods left the UCLA program in June 2009 while facing multiple charges of battery and sexual battery resulting from a series of incidents in an off-campus apartment.
Three freshmen _ linebacker Josh Shirley, defensive back Shaquille Richardson and receiver Paul Richardson _ were arrested last June on suspicion of theft from a dorm. All three were dismissed from the team, transferring to other schools.
Offensive tackle Mike Harris was suspended for the Bruins’ season opener this fall, also for violating team rules. The suspension ended his streak of 18 consecutive starts.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Democrats cite pope in call for minimum wage hike, jobless benefits
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
In a world that is increasingly complex, we need to seek greater awareness of the blending of cultures and America's changing role in a global community.
Find up-to-date information on the D.C. and Baltimore live music scenes and read interviews with artists and reviews of the latest releases and concerts.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow