- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Microsoft, China’s Alibaba test new search service
“It is currently in public beta testing,” said John Spelich, Alibaba’s vice president for international corporate affairs. He declined to give any other details. A spokeswoman for Microsoft in China did not immediately respond to phone messages.
The new site combines Alibaba’s e-commerce search engine and a Chinese-language version of Microsoft’s Bing search engine. Bing has struggled to gain a foothold in China’s intensely competitive market.
China’s dominant search engine is operated by Baidu Inc., which had a 70 percent market share in the second quarter of the year, according to Analysys International, a research firm in Beijing. Google’s market share slipped to 24.2 percent from 30.9 percent in the previous quarter following the closure of its China search engine.
In August, the state-run Xinhua News Agency announced it would launch a search service with state-owned China Mobile Ltd., the world’s biggest phone carrier by subscribers.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.