- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Must viewing? Maybe not for Cowboys-Vikes
Question of the Day
Fox must have been giddy when this Week 6 matchup was scheduled. The Vikings were a misguided Brett Favre pass away from the NFC title last season, and the Cowboys were proclaimed the one franchise that could play in a Super Bowl it was hosting.
Now, the network might want to consider switching something spicier to the late afternoon doubleheader slot: Minnesota and Dallas are 1-3 apiece.
Not just losers, but clumsy losers. Minnesota is a minus-6 in turnover differential and Dallas is minus-4. The Vikes are a 1-point favorite in what some have dubbed the Bumblers Bowl.
“We still know what we’re capable of,” Cowboys defensive end Marcus Spears said. “We have to execute, we got to play better, we got to stop shooting ourselves in the foot, and this thing will turn around fast.”
It better: After Sunday, except for Detroit, every team on Dallas’ remaining schedule has a winning record. Minnesota has a similar predicament, although it has Buffalo and Detroit left.
Based strictly on late-game work last weekend …
Cleveland (plus 13) at Pittsburgh
Ben Roethlisberger’s return to the Steelers, plus all kinds of uncertainty at QB for Cleveland. And the Steelers remember last year’s late loss to the Browns that eventually cost Pittsburgh a playoff berth.
BEST BET, STEELERS 24-6
Oakland (plus 6) at San Francisco
Just can’t pick the 49ers to beat anyone, anywhere, at this time. The Raiders have issues on defense, especially against the run. The Niners have problems everywhere.
UPSET SPECIAL, RAIDERS 17-13
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world