- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Devils RW Rolston has surgery for sports hernia
Question of the Day
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - New Jersey Devils right wing Brian Rolston has had surgery to repair a sports hernia.
The Devils say Rolston had the procedure done in Philadelphia on Thursday. He probably will be sidelined 4-6 weeks. The 16-year veteran was placed on long-term injured reserve, freeing $5 million off the salary cap. The short-handed Devils, who started with 20 players on the roster, recalled defenseman Matt Corrente and centers Tim Sestito and Jacob Josefson from Albany of the AHL.
The Devils also disclosed that defenseman Mark Fraser has a broken right hand. GM Lou Lamoriello said Fraser's hand probably was broken in a first-period fight with Buffalo's Cody McCormick last night. The Devils won in overtime, 1-0.
Rolston, who scored 20 goals last season, was injured in New Jersey's loss at Washington on Saturday.
Democrats reveal an identity crisis by pretending to be what they're not
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- TRACCI: Six steps to end the border crisis
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs