- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- U.N. school in Gaza caught in cross-fire; 15 killed
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
House painters sue singer Anita Baker for $15K
Question of the Day
DETROIT (AP) - A house painting company has filed a lawsuit against Anita Baker claiming the Grammy-winning R&B singer owes them more than $15,000.
Ray A. Smith Painting and Decorating claims in a Wayne County Circuit Court lawsuit that Baker has reneged on promises to pay for work at her home in Grosse Pointe, Mich. Work included painting in her son’s bedroom, replacing a rotten door sill, and removing water-damaged plaster in her living room.
Neither Baker nor her attorney immediately returned calls by The Detroit News seeking comment.
Court records indicate Baker faces several financial problems including liens for $465,733 in unpaid federal taxes, $15,952 in unpaid state taxes and $3,470 owed to a window company.
Baker plans to release her seventh album in November, “21st Century Love.”
Information from: The Detroit News, http://detnews.com/
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare enrollees faking for freebies
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq