- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
AP sources: Liverpool sold to Red Sox owners
Question of the Day
The Premier League has already approved the prospective NESV takeover.
Amid the takeover turmoil, Liverpool is mired in the relegation zone after its worst start to a league season since 1953.
The Premier League refused a request from Mill Financial on Thursday to be approved as “fit and proper” to own or become directors of Liverpool. The league told the Mill group that only Liverpool’s board can ask the league to approve a potential owner.
Mill Financial has technically already taken control of Gillett’s 50 percent stake after he defaulted on the loan used to fund his part of the leveraged takeover in 2007.
It was revealed in a High Court hearing in London this week that Mill Financial itself is interested in taking over the club, offering to repay more than $449 million of debt to Royal Bank of Scotland by Friday’s nominal deadline to meet those liabilities and penalty charges.
Associated Press Writer Schuyler Dixon in Dallas contributed to this report.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Bill Clinton audio surfaces from Sept. 10, 2001: 'I could have killed' Osama bin Laden
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world