- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
Defender CJ Brown retiring from Chicago Fire
BRIDGEVIEW, ILL. (AP) - The last remaining original member of the Chicago Fire is retiring.
The team said Thursday that central defender C.J. Brown will end his career with Saturday’s season finale at Chivas USA.
The 35-year-old Brown, who spent his entire 13-year Major League Soccer career with Chicago, says he wants to spend more time with his family, and is interested in coaching.
Brown appeared in 370 matches with the Fire _ by far the most in club history. He won one MLS Cup (1998), four U.S. Open Cups and the 2003 Supporters’ Shield.
The San Jose State alum, selected with the first overall pick of the 1998 supplemental draft, made 15 appearances for the United States from 1998-03.
Fire forward Brian McBride previously announced he is retiring after the season finale.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.