- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Miyazato shoots 66 for lead in Malaysia
KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (AP) - Japan's Mika Miyazato and South Korea's Jee Young Lee each shot 5-under 66 Friday to lead after the first round of the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia event at Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club.
South Korea's Hee-Won Han was a shot back at the tournament, which had a 3-hour delay because of lightning.
Michelle Wie of the United States shot 68. She had four birdies and bogeyed the 15th hole after a three-putt. Suzann Pettersen had a 69, while Christina Kim, Natalie Gulbis and Katherine Hull each shot 70. Juli Inkster trailed the leaders by five strokes. Cristie Kerr finished with a 72.
Miyazato had five birdies in a bogey-free round. Lee had seven birdies but bogeyed the third and 11th holes.
By Tammy Bruce
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- AP Exclusive: Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- First pot business license issued in Washington
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again