- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
- Coburn calls hiring of embattled background check firm ‘troubling’
- World Cup: It’s raining men in Brazil as women samba with visitors
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl captured in photo smiling with Taliban jihadist
- Germany demands ouster of U.S. spy chief
- GOP senators knock EPA power grab
- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
Phillips’ ruling a case of bad judgment
Question of the Day
Regardless of how one feels about “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” it comes as a huge relief to see Judge Virginia A. Phillips overruled, if only temporarily. This only serves to highlight just how outrageous Judge Phillips has become in her offensive meddling.
What was the urgent hurry for her to impose her order? Why in the world was she in such a rush to impose her views in a society where opposition opinions are substantial and worthy of consideration by people of goodwill?
The larger question - how can one federal judge from an inferior court circumvent the will of Congress and the U.S. military all by herself? What’s next? Might some judicial activist try to dictate military strategy or tactics?
Our leaders need to look into this interference quickly before some unqualified jurist does real harm to national defense.
JOHN W. LILLPOP
San Jose, Calif.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
Get Breaking Alerts
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- Jesse Jackson hits Obama for putting immigrant children first
- CRUZ: 'Fahrenheit 451' Democrats