- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
SEC teams find success through tough running games
Question of the Day
It goes back to the SEC’s big, fast defensive linemen, who resemble NFL defensive linemen more than those in any other conference, Tennessee coach Derek Dooley said. Those linemen get to quarterbacks quickly, so Dooley said it’s important to have a strong running game.
Dooley said defensive linemen in the SEC get better facing talented runners daily in practice.
“There’s a certain element of toughness that running the football creates in your football team because in practice you have to defend it and you have to do it _ you have to do it every day. If you never run the ball in practice, how do you develop a good, tough, physical defense?”
AP Sports Writers Will Graves in Lexington, Ky.; John Zenor in Auburn, Ala.; Brett Martel in Baton Rouge, La.; and Associated Press Writer Jeffrey Collins in Columbia, S.C., contributed to this report.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq