- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Mariah Carey announces she’s pregnant
NEW YORK (AP) - Mariah Carey is going to have to add lullabies to her repertoire.
The superstar singer confirmed on NBC’s “Today” show Thursday that she and husband Nick Cannon are expecting their first child. Carey says the baby is due in the spring.
Carey had declined to discuss her pregnancy, the subject of rampant speculation for months, until now.
“Yes, we are pregnant, it’s true,” she said in an interview with “Access Hollywood’s” Billy Bush that was shown on “Today.”
“It’s been a long journey, but it’s been tough because I’ve been trying to … hold on to a shred of privacy, and that was not easy.”
Carey, 40, and Cannon, 30, have been the subject of a baby watch since they got married after a whirlwind romance two years ago.
They laughed off the rumors when they occurred soon after their wedding.
“We thought it was fun, because they kept saying, ‘Oh she’s pregnant.’ Yeah, whatever. So we took the test and it was positive,” she said.
But Carey had a miscarriage soon afterward.
“It was really sad, so we really had to absorb this and take it in,” she said.
Cannon hailed his wife’s strength for being able to laugh in front of the cameras, but later, “crying herself to sleep.”
Bush said that Carey told him the baby was conceived naturally, and added that the couple does not know the sex of the baby.
Besides a baby on the way, Carey also has a new album: her second holiday CD, “Merry Christmas II You.”
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again