- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
BARBER: Republicans must ‘hang together’ …
… or there won’t be much time before Tea Party backers bail
Question of the Day
At the signing of the Declaration of Independence, Ben Franklin famously warned: “We must, indeed, all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.”
Republicans, you’d better hang together. The grass roots aren’t exactly thrilled with the Grand Old Party. We’re just less thrilled with Democrats.
Yes, the GOP may well enjoy a tremendous victory come tomorrow, but make no mistake: It remains in a precarious position. Picture, if you will, an elephant standing on Ronald Reagan’s three-legged stool with a giant noose around its neck.
Better not to snap off any legs.
J. Matt Barber is author of the book “The Right Hook - From the Ring to the Culture War” (Freedom Press Canada Inc., 2009) and director of cultural affairs with Liberty Counsel.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
Get Breaking Alerts
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi denied freedom by Mexican judge
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan