- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
Ward’s 2 goals lift Predators over Capitals
WASHINGTON (AP) - Joel Ward scored two goals, Cal O'Reilly added a goal and an assist, and Pekka Rinne made 22 saves for the Nashville Predators, who beat the Washington Capitals 3-0 on Sunday in the final preseason game for both teams.
Nashville will open the regular season Saturday at home against Anaheim. The Capitals begin on Friday night in Atlanta.
Washington (5-1) was trying for its first perfect preseason, but couldn’t get its offense going. Nashville held a 28-22 shots advantage.
Nashville stepped up the pressure in the third period, outshooting Washington 12-7 and creating good scoring chances.
Sabourin came on with 9:57 left in the second period after Michal Neuvirth stopped all 13 shots he faced. Washington coach Bruce Boudreau told fans on Saturday that Neuvrith would start the opener, but later added he could change his mind.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- BRUCE: The power of 'bossy'
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014