Continued from page 1

According to a survey of Japanese companies conducted last week by the ministry and released Tuesday, all 31 companies involved in such trade that responded to the survey said disruptions of the shipments increased since Sept. 21. They said exports were effectively blocked at numerous Chinese ports because of abnormal amounts of paperwork and increased inspections.

“The government strongly wants this to be corrected,” said Economic Minister Akihiro Ohata.

Tokyo is pressing China to release the fourth man, who remains under house arrest and is being investigated for illegally videotaping military targets.

Mr. Satoh told reporters in Brussels he had no information on the fate of the fourth man.

He said Japanese and Chinese leaders will have another opportunity to meet at an East Asia summit in Vietnam later this month, and at next month’s summit of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum in Yokohama, to be attended by President Hu Jintao.

Scott McDonald reported from Beijing. Associated Press writer Tomoko A. Hosaka in Tokyo contributed to this report.