- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
An Eagles starter again, Kolb focuses on 49ers
Question of the Day
Instead, Reid decided to stick with Vick.
“If I get into all that, then I’m focusing on the wrong thing,” Kolb said. “My focus right now is to go out and beat San Francisco and make sure I do my part in doing that.”
Vick, who led the 2-2 Eagles to road wins in Detroit and Jacksonville, is expected to miss one or two games with cartilage damage in his ribs suffered in a loss to the Redskins.
But Kolb said he’s not going out to prove he’s capable of being a starter. He only has one goal.
“Win,” he said. “That’s all I care about, and that’s the truth. Just go out there and win. That’s our No. 1 focus right now.”
Immediately after Kolb was injured in the opening-day loss to the Packers, Reid announced that Kolb would return as the starter when he was medically cleared. But two days after Vick passed for 284 yards and two touchdowns in a 35-32 win over the Lions, the Eagles announced that Reid had changed his mind and Vick would remain the starter.
Does that mean if Kolb plays well enough during Vick’s absence he can expect the same courtesy?
Reid ducked the question.
“Right now, I’m focused in on San Francisco and getting Kevin ready to play, and Kevin’s getting ready to play, and we’ll go from there,” Reid said. “I think Kevin’s looking forward to the opportunity, the challenge.”
But there is certainly much at stake for Kolb. At some point, the Eagles need to decide whether to offer Vick a multi-year contract and commit to him as the team’s long-term answer at quarterback or to proceed with Kolb as the quarterback of the future. The more Kolb plays, the easier that decision will be.
“As a football player, you just try to focus on the task at hand and the rest takes care of itself,” Kolb said. “I’m not nervous about it, I’m excited about it. I’m having more fun right now than I’ve had in this game ever, and so I’m looking forward to getting back out there.”
Kolb, who last year became the only quarterback in NFL history to throw for 300 yards in his first two starts, led the Eagles on three scoring drives in their 17-12 loss to the Redskins Sunday and two other drives inside the Washington 32-yard-line that resulted in turnovers.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- KELLNER: It's not a Merry Christmas for the persecuted church
- PRUDEN: 'Tis the season for apologies
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- ORSI: No greater act of loyalty to the Constitution
- TRIPLETT: Shale revolution reality checks
- Obama sends 45 service members to South Sudan
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Paul Rondeau exposes the propaganda, media tricks, and government policies that undermine our families, faith, freedom…and even life itself
Implement these actionable tips, how-to’s and best practices in 10 minutes or less to leverage online communications and technology for brand, business and career development.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow