- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Eric Cantor says he’ll resign on Aug. 18
- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
8 Taliban killed by NATO as war enters 10th year
Question of the Day
A joint patrol also seized a vehicle with 1,700 pounds of heroin, 550 pounds of hashish, 220 pounds of wet opium, five anti-personal mines, and bomb-making materials in Kandahar, he said.
In eastern Wardak province, assailants threw a hand grenade at a wedding party, wounding four people, Afghan’s Interior Ministry said Thursday. A ministry statement did not specify when the attack occurred.
Three militants were killed Wednesday night in the southeastern Zabul province during a firefight with a joint force, said Mohammad Jan Rasoolyar, spokesman for the governor. A woman died after stepping on a land mine in the province’s Mizan district Thursday.
Associated Press writers Heidi Vogt in Kabul and Mirwais Khan in Kandahar contributed to this report.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Congress leaves Obama holding the burden of border children
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas 3-day cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world