- Church of England allows female bishops
- Obama slammed by black Chicago residents: ‘Worst president ever’
- WHO urges healthy gay men to take HIV prevention drugs, cites ‘exploding epidemics’
- Ukraine: Military plane shot down by rocket
- Ebola crisis in West Africa deepens; 500+ dead
- Propaganda song popular among Central Americans was devised by U.S. Border Patrol
- Sen. Rob Portman: Math is on GOP’s side to win Senate this fall
- Four-time deportee arrested for molesting 9-year-old Texas girl
- Private investigators turn to drones to catch marital cheaters, insurance liars
- Sleep issues can accelerate Alzheimer’s, while mental exercises can delay it, study shows
Question of the Day
2 ethics trials set for after elections
Ethics trials for two prominent House Democrats will be held after the November elections. The proceedings will determine whether Charles B. Rangel of New York and Maxine Waters of California violated standards of conduct.
House ethics committee Chairman Zoe Lofgren of California refused to go along with a Republican request to hold the proceedings before the elections. Pre-election trials would have generated headlines that Republicans could have used to attack Democrats.
The proceedings, officially called adjudicatory hearings, will begin Nov. 15 for Mr. Rangel and Nov. 29 for Mrs. Waters.
ALBANY | Republican Carl Paladino bought three minutes of time on Buffalo TV stations to say he is being mistreated by the media and that Democrat Andrew Cuomo is afraid to debate him in the New York governor’s race.
Mr. Paladino again said his recent confrontation with the New York Post was to protect his 10-year-old daughter from the tabloid’s photographers and reporters.
He said Thursday he was upset in his shouting match with New York Post’s state editor, Fred Dicker, because he still believes the newspaper scared his daughter in an attempt to get a story.
Ad targets wrong Salazar
The radio ad mentions his younger brother, Ken Salazar, five times.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- EDITORIAL: The faux farmer in the Senate race in Iowa
- Sen. John McCain on illegal child immigrants: Fly them home, now
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- Eric Holder: 'Racial animus' fuels opposition to Obama and me
- Rand Paul to Rick Perry on Iraq: Get some new glasses
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs