- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Can NFL Least turn it around?
A last-minute rally at Pittsburgh lifted the Ravens into a tie with the Steelers atop the AFC North. This is their first of three home games in the next four matches.
Atlanta (3-1) at Cleveland (1-3)
The Falcons were fortunate to escape against San Francisco, and the Browns finally won a game after leading in the fourth quarter every week. Cleveland now embarks on as rugged a stretch as anyone will see this season, facing Atlanta, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, New England and the Jets.
Atlanta’s two-pronged rushing attack of Michael Turner and Jason Snelling has impressed. So has Roddy White, who leads the NFC with 32 receptions and made that great strip of Clements to save the Falcons a week ago.
Tampa Bay (2-1) at Cincinnati (2-2)
Terrell Owens had his first big game for the Bengals and they still lost last week to the Browns. Cincinnati must be careful against a young and improved Tampa Bay squad whose pass defense is its best unit.
Jacksonville (2-2) at Buffalo (0-4)
Hard to believe the Bills could be favored against anyone, particularly a team that comes off a stirring upset of Indianapolis on Josh Scobee’s 59-yard field goal. But Buffalo opened as a 1-point choice despite having as many problems as any NFL team.
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Obama slaps Putin with sanctions, restrictions on visas
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- House defeats Democrats' attempt to rebuke Issa
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again