- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Burning Korans doesn’t solve anything
Gainesville, Fla., Pastor Terry Jones thinks burning Korans will help his cause (“Towering debate,” Inside the Beltway, Wednesday). But what is he trying to accomplish? As the present khalifa of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community recently said, “The world needs peace, love and brotherhood. The world needs an end to wars. Instead of walls of hatred being erected, we need peace to prevail and for this to occur, people of all faiths must join together.” Mr. Jones‘ goal, it seems, is the exact opposite of this.
It seems that Mr. Jones is only familiar with the fringe elements of Islam. I invite him to a dialogue with the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. We are the Muslims who believe in the Messiah, who taught us true Islam. This dialogue may go much further in establishing Christ’s teaching of peace and brotherhood than Mr. Jones‘ current endeavor.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- New battlefront emerges in war between Republicans, tea party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Budget negotiators look to federal workers for benefit concessions
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on 'outdated' agencies