- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
LHP Chapman’s 103 mph fastball a real weapon
CINCINNATI (AP) - Sometimes, left-hander Aroldis Chapman can’t help but peek.
A murmur will go through the crowd when one of his express fastballs hits the catcher’s mitt and the estimated speed is shown on the ballpark’s scoreboard. The Cincinnati Reds pitcher says he’ll occasionally glance back to see which big number is showing.
The Cuban defector hit an even bigger number in his second major league appearance Wednesday night. He twice hit 103 mph on the radar gun during another perfect inning against Milwaukee that included a pair of strikeouts.
In two innings, he has retired all six batters on only 19 pitches _ 10 of them clocking in at triple digits. His fastball topped out at 102 mph in his debut on Tuesday.
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KEENE: Familiar refrains from Britain's 'Tea Party'
- Skeptics on all sides take aim of John Kerry's tentative deal on Ukraine
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.