- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
LHP Chapman’s 103 mph fastball a real weapon
Question of the Day
CINCINNATI (AP) - Sometimes, left-hander Aroldis Chapman can’t help but peek.
A murmur will go through the crowd when one of his express fastballs hits the catcher’s mitt and the estimated speed is shown on the ballpark’s scoreboard. The Cincinnati Reds pitcher says he’ll occasionally glance back to see which big number is showing.
The Cuban defector hit an even bigger number in his second major league appearance Wednesday night. He twice hit 103 mph on the radar gun during another perfect inning against Milwaukee that included a pair of strikeouts.
In two innings, he has retired all six batters on only 19 pitches _ 10 of them clocking in at triple digits. His fastball topped out at 102 mph in his debut on Tuesday.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Obama pressed on Sudanese mother's case, facing death sentence over Christian faith
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- EDITORIAL: Poor Hillary, rock-star wannabe
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq