- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
No. 9 Iowa understandably wary of Iowa St
Question of the Day
Hampton is so fired up to play that his coaches had to sit him down this week to make sure he paces himself.
“I’ve been waiting a long time,” Hampton said. “I’m going to be running on jet fuel.”
If ever there was a game that defined the recent trend of this rivalry, it came in 2007. The Cyclones beat Iowa, 15-13, without scoring a touchdown.
But finding the end zone has become a major problem for Iowa State against the Hawkeyes.
The Cyclones have not scored a touchdown in the series since the first half in 2006, a stretch that’s reached a staggering 14 quarters.
Iowa’s defense has been the biggest factor Iowa State’s futility, and the Hawkeyes looked as stout as ever in holding Eastern Illinois to 157 yards and six first downs in the opener.
If the Cyclones can’t do more than kick field goals Saturday, the result will likely be what most are predicting.
“We don’t see any weak spots,” Rhoads said of Iowa. “We certainly have our work cut out for us.”
(This version CORRECTS to its, not it’s, in 1st paragraph.)
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world