- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Guests for Sunday news shows
Guest lineup for the Sunday TV news shows:
ABC’s “This Week” _ Austan Goolsbee, newly named chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers; Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, leader of effort to build Islamic center and mosque near ground zero; Eboo Patel, president, Interfaith Youth Core; Irshad Manji, author and New York University professor; the Rev. Richard Cizik, founder, The New Evangelical Partnership for the Common Good.
CBS’ “Face the Nation” _ House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio; Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn.; former New Jersey Gov. Tom Kean, co-chairman, 9-11 commission.
NBC’s “Meet the Press” _ White House adviser David Axelrod; former Mayor Rudy Giuliani, R-N.Y.
CNN’s “State of the Union” _ Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano; former Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff; former Bush homeland security adviser Fran Townsend; House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer; former Rep. Dick Armey, R-Texas; former Sen. Trent Lott, R-Miss.
“Fox News Sunday” _ Goolsbee; Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, R-Ga.; Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan.
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- House votes for bargain to end budget drama
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Inside China: Ukraine gets nuke umbrella
- Echoes of Cold War in Ukraine as Russia battles Western influence
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- North Korean dictator stuns world with uncle's execution
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Consummate traveler Todd DeFeo explores the unique stories that make destinations worth going to.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Born in 1930 in rural Missouri, Charles Vandegriffe, Sr., brings his time and place to the Communities.
Columns from Voices around the World talking about the events, people, politics and social issues that concern us wherever, and whoever, we are.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow