- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Seacrest, others star in ‘Stand Up To Cancer’
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen and Neil Diamond were among the more than 100 celebrities to appear on all four broadcast networks for the “Stand Up To Cancer” telethon.
Ryan Seacrest, Jay Leno and George Clooney also showed up to help raise money at the hourlong fundraiser that was simulcast commercial-free Friday night by ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, a number of cable channels and the Armed Forces Network.
The event was hosted by news anchors Diane Sawyer, Brian Williams and Katie Couric and produced by Film and TV producer Laura Ziskin, a cancer survivor.
Donations to the telecast will go to fund innovative cancer research. The first telethon, in 2008, helped raise more than $100 million. Numbers for the 2010 telethon were not immediately available.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq