- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
La Russa leaving Atlanta with Cox’s autographs
ATLANTA (AP) - Tony La Russa is leaving Atlanta with some souvenirs from his final regular-season matchup with Braves manager Bobby Cox.
La Russa, manager of the St. Louis Cardinals, is third in career regular-season wins. Cox ranks fourth.
Cox is retiring after the season. Barring a playoff matchup, Sunday night's game was the last time La Russa will manage against Cox.
La Russa said Sunday he asked Cox to sign a lineup card and a baseball. The autographed ball sat on La Russa's desk before the game.
"It's special," La Russa said.
The history between the two managers could almost fill a season. Cox entered Sunday night's game 94-66 in 160 regular-season games against La Russa.
The managers split two playoff series. The Braves beat La Russa's Cardinals in the 1996 NL championship series. St. Louis swept three division series games against Atlanta in 2000.
La Russa is 6-4 against Cox in postseason games, all between the Cardinals and Braves.
The rivalry began in Chicago on May 4, 1982, when Cox's Blue Jays lost to La Russa's White Sox, 4-3.
"I feel like I've known Tony my whole life," Cox said.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Search for missing Malaysian airliner widens as mystery deepens
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obamacare 3 million shy of target with 19 days left to sign up
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again