- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
Smith: No regrets over failed TD try
“That’s his call,” Gould said of his coach. “The defense played really well. … He thought maybe we could put one in the end zone, create a little bit more momentum for our team and make it a little harder on the Detroit Lions.”
Instead, they made it harder on themselves.
They failed to convert the pass after Forte’s touchdown, leaving them with a five-point lead. And they escaped with the win after the officials ruled Johnson did not properly secure the ball on what looked like the go-ahead touchdown.
Asked why the 6-foot-1 Bowman was alone on the 6-foot-5 Johnson, Smith said, “We play double-coverage quite a bit. It seems like every time we play double-coverage (it’s), ‘Why do you guys play two deep?’ So on that play, we had a blitz on. ‘Why don’t you blitz more?’ We had a blitz on that play, and when you blitz, you can’t double-cover everybody _ Football 101. Can’t do it. On that play, we didn’t. The next two, we did.”
He also said safety Danieal Manning wasn’t responsible for helping on that play and added, “Sometimes, you have a great player that makes a great play.”
Only, Johnson’s play didn’t count.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- WWII vet, 90, en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
Let’s talk about everything, especially the absurdity of it all
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Never apologetic. Never afraid. Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West joins Communities to bring tales from the biggest Foxhole of them all, the one inside the Beltway.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow