- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
Maxwell’s grand slam leads Nats to series win in Atlanta
Question of the Day
“It was my fault,” Minor said. “I threw him two fastballs right there. The second one, he got. It was more middle in. That’s what he’s looking for in that situation.”
Mike Morse had a one-out double to center, Wilson Ramos singled and Alberto Gonzalez fell behind 0-1 before taking four straight balls.
Minor’s ERA climbed from 5.63 to 5.84 as he gave up four or more runs for the third straight start. He allowed four hits in five innings, and struck out six.
Atlanta wasted scoring chances in the sixth and seventh innings.
Lannan struck out David Ross with runners on first and second to end the sixth.
“It was one of those days that didn’t go our way,” Cox said.
NOTES: Atlanta lost two of three to the Phillies from April 20-22. … Riggleman said he isn’t sure when Morgan will hear the determination of his appeal of seven- and eight-game suspensions. … Prado had three hits and leads the NL with 57 multihit games.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Border Patrol helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- La. Gov. Jindal defends suspended Duck Dynasty star
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
In a world that is increasingly complex, we need to seek greater awareness of the blending of cultures and America's changing role in a global community.
Find up-to-date information on the D.C. and Baltimore live music scenes and read interviews with artists and reviews of the latest releases and concerts.
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness from the carpool lane.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow