- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
No. 1 ‘Bama encouraged by return of Ingram, Dareus
Austin Kelly became the first player to cross the goal line against them when he caught an 11-yard pass from Sean Renfree in the final minute of the first half. That capped the third _ and final _ scoring drive by the Blue Devils.
The Crimson Tide could get away with that kind of breakdown in the early season. After all, they faced the likes of outmanned San Jose State, a nationally ranked Penn State team that brought a freshman quarterback to Bryant-Denny Stadium and a Duke team that, while improving, clearly wasn’t anywhere near Alabama’s level.
Starting now, the margin for error shrinks significantly _ especially this week against Heisman hopeful Ryan Mallett and the Razorbacks.
“You can’t have a lull in the second quarter. You can’t let down. You can’t get tired,” Saban said. “You have to have enough mental toughness to persevere and play every play in the game. I think there are some lessons to be learned for some young players, and hopefully we can improve because of it and it will help our team grow.”
By Tammy Bruce
- AP Exclusive: Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rutgers professors to Condi Rice: Go home, and take your speech with you
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again