- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Irish hope 3-4 can solve leaky defense
Question of the Day
“Just the way they came in and didn’t try to make it like them versus us, which is what I’ve heard happens a lot of times when there is a coaching change,” Harrison Smith added. “It was kind of, ‘We all need to unite as fast as we can.’ … It made a lot of sense to me.”
Diaco, a former star linebacker at Iowa, has stressed versatility and variety.
“You got to ask the players to do the things they can do well,” he said. “Don’t become too one-sided. I think we can move that way. It seems there are a lot of players who can do a lot of different jobs.”
And Diaco’s defense might not rest too much this season.
With Kelly’s fast-paced offense, where the challenge is to score as quickly as possible, time of possession is not a big deal. Get off and let the defense play.
Diaco says working against such a potent spread offense every day in practice should be beneficial to his defense.
“That’s a help,” he said. “Just like it’s a hindrance when you are going against a team that runs an offense that doesn’t even remotely resemble anything your offense does. So there will be weeks that it will be an asset, there will be weeks it will be a liability.”
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq