- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Lady A’s Dave Haywood looking for CMA Awards date
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - Lady Antebellum guitarist Dave Haywood still needs a plus-one for the CMA Awards.
The group is up for five awards at the Nov. 10 show, including entertainer of the year and album of the year.
Haywood tweeted from the group’s account Wednesday: “SO humbled by the nominations!!! Very excited. Would be more excited if my mom (at)SCLadyA would be my date for the show. Mom?”
Haywood says he’s “bummed” his mom can’t attend, but now he’s “in the hunt.” He thinks his dad will likely come up.
Singer Charles Kelley says, “You know we’re in a new age, a new era when you’re asking your mom over Twitter to go to an awards show. That is awesome.”
AP Entertainment Writer Chris Talbott contributed to this report.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Calif. shop facing angry fire pulls 'smart gun' from shelves
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again