- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
GAFFNEY: D-day for the U.S. military
Repeal of homosexual ban could break the all-volunteer force
Question of the Day
A sense of just how problematic this initiative may be can be found in a statement reportedly made by Lt. Gen. Thomas P. Bostick in Europe last month. According to The Washington Times, the general, who is the Army’s deputy chief of staff for personnel and a top member of the Pentagon repeal review, described critics as “racists and bigots” who need to get out if they can’t get with the program. Gen. Bostick denies making the statement, but The Times stands by its account. In any event, the remark was really just a more extreme version of one by the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen back in March that opponents of repeal should “vote with their feet.”
The fevered swamps of a pre-election season are no place for taking such portentous steps. Senators: Don’t break the military. It’s the only one we have.
Frank J. Gaffney Jr. is president of the Center for Security Policy (SecureFreedom.org), a columnist for The Washington Times and host of the nationally syndicated program “Secure Freedom Radio,” heard in Washington at 9 p.m. weeknights on WTNT 570-AM.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch