- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
GAFFNEY: D-day for the U.S. military
Repeal of homosexual ban could break the all-volunteer force
Question of the Day
A sense of just how problematic this initiative may be can be found in a statement reportedly made by Lt. Gen. Thomas P. Bostick in Europe last month. According to The Washington Times, the general, who is the Army’s deputy chief of staff for personnel and a top member of the Pentagon repeal review, described critics as “racists and bigots” who need to get out if they can’t get with the program. Gen. Bostick denies making the statement, but The Times stands by its account. In any event, the remark was really just a more extreme version of one by the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen back in March that opponents of repeal should “vote with their feet.”
The fevered swamps of a pre-election season are no place for taking such portentous steps. Senators: Don’t break the military. It’s the only one we have.
Frank J. Gaffney Jr. is president of the Center for Security Policy (SecureFreedom.org), a columnist for The Washington Times and host of the nationally syndicated program “Secure Freedom Radio,” heard in Washington at 9 p.m. weeknights on WTNT 570-AM.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case