- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Serial stabbings suspect arraigned on new charges
FLINT, Mich. (AP) — A 33-year-old man suspected in a series of stabbings in Michigan and two other states has been arraigned on four new counts of attempted murder and one open murder.
Elias Abuelazam appeared in court Monday via video from the Genesee County Jail.
The murder charge and three attempted murder charges were presented in 68th District Court in Flint; the other charge was heard in Genesee Township District Court.
Not-guilty pleas were entered on his behalf.
Mr. Abuelazam faces life in prison without parole on the murder count.
He previously was charged in just one case, the attempted murder of a 26-year-old man. He was arrested at the Atlanta airport on Aug. 11 while on his way to Israel, his native country.
Mr. Abuelazam also is a suspect in attacks in Leesburg, Va., and Toledo, Ohio.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.