- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Columbus rides big 1st period to win over Atlanta
ATLANTA (AP) - Jonathan Sigalet and Mike Blunden scored 26 seconds apart in the first period and the Columbus Blue Jackets won their preseason opener under new coach Scott Arneil, 5-2 over the Atlanta Thrashers on Tuesday night.
Mathieu Garon started in goal for Columbus and made 12 saves on 13 shots before giving way to David LeNeveu late in the second period. Ondrej Pavelec went all the way for the Thrashers, facing 26 shots.
Little scored a power-play goal with 5 minutes left in the first period, but the Blue Jackets regained their two-goal edge 90 seconds into the second. Gabreil scored on a breakaway, and Columbus increased its lead on a tip-in by Calvert early in the third.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014