- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
Panthers beat Hurricanes 4-1 in preseason opener
Question of the Day
Gudbranson, Mike Santorelli and Scott Timmins scored against Carolina starter Cam Ward on three straight shots in a span of 1 minute, 54 seconds in the first period. That put Florida ahead 3-0 less than 6 minutes into the game.
Nathan Paetsch also scored and Joe Callahan and Evgeny Dadonov had two assists apiece for the Panthers.
Anton Babchuk scored a short-handed goal for the Hurricanes.
Ward made 17 saves in 32 minutes before giving way to Justin Pogge, who made three stops the rest of the way. Florida’s Scott Clemmensen stopped 16 shots in 32 minutes and was relieved by Jacob Markstrom, who made the final 17 saves.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world