- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
Panthers beat Hurricanes 4-1 in preseason opener
Gudbranson, Mike Santorelli and Scott Timmins scored against Carolina starter Cam Ward on three straight shots in a span of 1 minute, 54 seconds in the first period. That put Florida ahead 3-0 less than 6 minutes into the game.
Nathan Paetsch also scored and Joe Callahan and Evgeny Dadonov had two assists apiece for the Panthers.
Anton Babchuk scored a short-handed goal for the Hurricanes.
Ward made 17 saves in 32 minutes before giving way to Justin Pogge, who made three stops the rest of the way. Florida’s Scott Clemmensen stopped 16 shots in 32 minutes and was relieved by Jacob Markstrom, who made the final 17 saves.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.