- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Coyotes beat Ducks 4-1 in exhibition opener
Question of the Day
ANAHEIM, CALIF. (AP) - Kyle Turris had a goal and an assist during the Coyotes’ four-goal second period, and Phoenix beat the Anaheim Ducks 4-1 Tuesday night in both clubs’ preseason opener.
Andrew Ebbett, Brett MacLean and Viktor Tikhonov also scored for Phoenix, which took 40 shots and forced the Ducks into a rash of penalties. Jason LaBarbera made 20 saves.
Turris, the third overall pick in the 2007 draft, got off to a strong start in his push to regain a spot on the Coyotes’ roster after spending all of last season in the minors.
Bobby Ryan scored a power-play goal for the Ducks in his first game since signing a five-year, $25.5 million contract last week. Curtis McElhinney stopped 20 shots, and Jason Levasseur made 16 saves in Anaheim’s net.
By James A. Lyons Jr.
The president has shifted alliance from friend to enemy
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world