- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Gradkowski gets starting nod at QB for Raiders
Question of the Day
Gradkowski replaced Russell midway through last season and won two of his first three starts, beating Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. He was hurt late in the first half of his fourth start and missed the rest of the season with knee injuries.
Gradkowski has shown the ability to avoid sacks and to get the ball to the wide receivers in his short time in Oakland. He completed five passes each to starting receivers Louis Murphy and Darrius Heyward-Bey for 138 yards and a touchdown. The duo had just seven catches for 72 yards in three halves with Campbell.
Despite not having as strong an arm as Campbell, Gradkowski was better able to get the ball down field. He completed four of eight passes that went more than 10 yards downfield, for 79 yards, according to STATS LLC. Campbell was just 3 for 14 for 69 yards on those throws.
NOTES: DT Richard Seymour, who missed last week’s game with a hamstring injury, said he will be ready to play this week. … RB Michael Bush (broken left thumb) did everything at practice and could return this week. … OL Robert Gallery is still sidelined by his hamstring injury that forced him to sit out last week. … The Raiders re-signed OL Eric Pears to fill the roster spot of S Stevie Brown, who was released Tuesday but could come back on the practice squad.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq