- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Newark, NJ, schools to receive Facebook donation
Question of the Day
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - The public school system in New Jersey’s largest city is poised to receive $100 million from the founder of Facebook.
Democratic Newark Mayor Cory Booker, Republican Gov. Chris Christie and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg are expected to announce the donation Friday on Oprah Winfrey’s Chicago-based syndicated television show.
Several media outlets including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and Newark’s The Star-Ledger reported the donation Wednesday night. They say Booker will gain some control over the troubled school system, which is run by the state and has some of its lowest test scores and poorest graduation rates.
Christie opted last month not to rehire Newark’s schools superintendent. A search for a successor is under way.
Facebook is based in Palo Alto, Calif.
TWT Video Picks
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors