- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
Smith slams China over North Korea’s human rights violations
Question of the Day
China is partially to blame for North Korea's human rights violations because of its policy of deporting North Korean refugees for repatriation, said Rep. Christopher H. Smith, New Jersey Republican, at a hearing Thursday by the Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission.
"What China is doing … is brutal," added Rep. Frank Wolf, Virginia Republican and the panel's co-chairman. “This administration has lost its voice. It's silent on these issues.”
Mr. Smith recommended that China be placed on the State Department's list of "Tier 3 countries." A tier 3 countries are those who "do not fully comply with the minimum standards (to fight trafficking) and are not making significant efforts to do so," which would enable the U.S. to place economic sanctions on China.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world