- Associated Press - Monday, September 27, 2010

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino survived his first ballroom dance and he of the etched abs says he’s determined to shine on “Dancing With the Stars” _ especially with his “Jersey Shore” cast mates cheering him on.

The 29-year-old reality star made his debut on the hit ABC dance competition last week and landed in a three-way tie for last place with comedian Margaret Cho and actor David Hasselhoff. But he escaped elimination when Hasselhoff was ousted.

This week, he faces fellow survivors Jennifer Grey, Florence Henderson, Kyle Massey, Rick Fox, Kurt Warner, Brandy, Michael Bolton, Audrina Patridge and Bristol Palin.

“Jersey Shore” co-star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro says he wishes Sorrentino the best, but will only come to the “Dancing” ballroom “if they want to fly me out and pay for me to go.”

Fellow cast mates Jenni “J-Woww” Farley, Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola and Paul “DJ Pauly D” DelVecchio, however, said they’d be happy to leave Jersey briefly to support their pal in person. But he better do well, they said.

Ortiz-Magro said he’d be willing to text in a vote for Sorrentino.

“I hope he just tries his hardest, and he doesn’t embarrass himself,” Ortiz-Magro said.

“Or us,” Farley added.

___

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co.

___

Online:

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars

Copyright © 2016 The Washington Times, LLC.

blog comments powered by Disqus

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide