- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
`Jersey’ cast supports ‘Situation’s‘ ‘DWTS’ effort
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino survived his first ballroom dance and he of the etched abs says he’s determined to shine on “Dancing With the Stars” _ especially with his “Jersey Shore” cast mates cheering him on.
The 29-year-old reality star made his debut on the hit ABC dance competition last week and landed in a three-way tie for last place with comedian Margaret Cho and actor David Hasselhoff. But he escaped elimination when Hasselhoff was ousted.
This week, he faces fellow survivors Jennifer Grey, Florence Henderson, Kyle Massey, Rick Fox, Kurt Warner, Brandy, Michael Bolton, Audrina Patridge and Bristol Palin.
“Jersey Shore” co-star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro says he wishes Sorrentino the best, but will only come to the “Dancing” ballroom “if they want to fly me out and pay for me to go.”
Fellow cast mates Jenni “J-Woww” Farley, Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola and Paul “DJ Pauly D” DelVecchio, however, said they’d be happy to leave Jersey briefly to support their pal in person. But he better do well, they said.
Ortiz-Magro said he’d be willing to text in a vote for Sorrentino.
“I hope he just tries his hardest, and he doesn’t embarrass himself,” Ortiz-Magro said.
“Or us,” Farley added.
ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Gates: Obama strategy won't stop Putin
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again