- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Simon Pegg, Michael Fassbender among ‘Fable’ cast
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Peter Molyneux is upgrading the star power of his next “Fable.”
The creative director of Microsoft Game Studios Europe has tapped Simon Pegg, Michael Fassbender, John Cleese and other actors to lend their accents to “Fable III,” the third chapter of Lionhead Studios’ role-playing saga set in the fictional realm of Albion. Pegg, who played Scotty in “Star Trek,” will voice an attention-seeking soldier named Benn Finn.
“These people have really never come together before in any medium,” Molyneux said. “For a lot of them, this is their first computer game they’ve ever done. Heading the cast is John Cleese, one of the founding fathers of ‘Monty Python.’ He’s made fantastic films like ‘Life of Brian’ and the TV series 'Fawlty Towers.' He’s just a brilliant and incredible actor.”
Cleese plays Jasper, a persnickety butler who guides the player along their journey to dethrone a tyrannical ruler named Logan, voiced by “Inglourious Basterds” actor Fassbender. Other voices will include Bernard Hill as the player’s faithful mentor, Nicholas Hoult as a potential love interest and Naomie Harris as the leader of a rebel movement.
Zoe Wanamaker and Stephen Fry will also reprise their “Fable II” roles.
(This version CORRECTS Corrects spelling of 'Fawlty Towers,' deletes typo. AP Video.)
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again