- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
Weber has goal, assist in Preds win over Thrashers
Question of the Day
Sergei Kostitsyn scored the first goal of the game 3:06 into the first period with a tip-in off of a shot by Weber from high above the right circle.
Ben Eager got the Thrashers even at 15:30 of the second period when he scored with a wrist shot from a few feet in front of the crease.
With Nashville on a power play, Weber gave the Predators a 2-1 lead 11:02 into the third when he blasted a shot from just inside the blue line that went through traffic and past goalie Ondrej Pavelec.
NOTES: Weber’s goal was the first on the power play for Nashville in four preseason games. Nashville goaltender Chet Pickard dressed for his first preseason non-rookie game, but didn’t play. This was the first road game of the preseason for the Thrashers.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq