- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
Heat training camp opens with emphasis on defense
Question of the Day
Wade was guarding James at times during the first practice of the season, with the drills getting so heated that even Spoelstra was getting low into textbook defensive position. Bodies flew everywhere, like when Juwan Howard unintentionally leveled James Jones while trying to defend a 3-point attempt. And it was heated, especially when Wade and James were trying to persuade assistant coach Bob McAdoo _ a Hall of Fame player _ that he had the score wrong of a drill. After all, a down and back sprint was at stake.
“I was just trying to argue,” Wade said. “I just wanted to get in on the argument.”
James talked Tuesday of how much it means to him to train at a military installation, especially after having worn a Team USA uniform _ Olympics style _ of his own in the past. He talked again of how much he likes being around his new teammates. He also talked of how the Heat should have championship expectations.
He did a lot of talking on the court as well.
Clearly, fitting in to the Heat world won’t be an awkward process.
“I’ve always been vocal,” James said. “I’m always going to continue to be a leader, no matter what team I’m on.”
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world