- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Oregon coach Chip Kelly extended through 2015
Question of the Day
Kelly led the Ducks to a 10-3 overall record, the Pac-10 championship and a Rose Bowl berth in his first season as head coach a year ago. He is the only Pac-10 coach to win the conference title in his first year.
He earned $1.8 million last year under terms of the original contract.
Kelly took over the Ducks from Mike Bellotti, who coached the Ducks for 14 seasons before becoming the school’s athletic director. Bellotti resigned from that post earlier this year to become a college television analyst for ESPN.
“Chip Kelly’s track record in a short amount of time speaks volumes for his character, integrity and ability to lead this program to a new set of standards,” new athletics director Rob Mullens said in a statement. “It became clear before my arrival at Oregon that retaining him to head the university’s football program was a priority. This is an investment in the future success of Oregon athletics and an investment in retaining one of the brightest college coaches in the country.”
The fourth-ranked Ducks are 4-0 this season heading into a key game against No. 9 Stanford on Saturday.
Should Kelly leave Oregon after this season, he would have to pay a $4 million buyout, but the buyout decreases over the term of the contract.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world