- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
Hill to start at QB again for Lions
Question of the Day
Coach Jim Schwartz said Stafford won’t be healthy enough to play Sunday and Hill will make his second-straight start.
Stafford was knocked out of the season opener by Chicago’s Julius Peppers, putting him on the sideline with a banged-up right shoulder _ his third injury in two seasons. Stafford missed six games last year after being the No. 1 pick in the draft because of a banged-up left shoulder and right knee.
Detroit is 0-3 this season and 3-40 since midway through 2007, giving the Lions the worst 43-game mark in NFL history, according to STATS LLC.
Stafford told WJR-AM on Monday that he would likely test his injured right shoulder with some throwing this week. He didn’t throw any passes Wednesday during the part of practice open to the media.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq