- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Rays give away 20,000 tickets, but fall to O’s
Question of the Day
“All this stuff has been done in different ways before,” Maddon said. “When something new comes out, people, some enjoy it, some frown upon it, some don’t get it and that’s OK.”
Notes: Baltimore 2B Brian Roberts continues not to feel well and was out of the lineup for the second straight game. … Orioles RHP Jake Arrieta has decided not to have surgery for a bone spur near his right elbow after getting a second opinion from Dr. Lewis Yocum. … Baltimore RHP Rick VandenHurk, a native of the Netherlands, has organized a series of free youth baseball clinics in his home country and Belgium during November. Teammates Adam Jones and Jeremy Guthrie are among those scheduled to take part. … Uehara extended his club record of not walking a batter to 30 straight appearances. He has struck out 41 since his last walk on July 16.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world