- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
UNC: NCAA to hear its appeal of 2 suspensions
Question of the Day
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) - North Carolina officials say the NCAA has scheduled a Friday afternoon teleconference to hear the school’s appeal of the suspensions of two players.
Team spokesman Kevin Best said Wednesday the school is “hopeful” that it will learn Friday whether the suspensions of cornerback Kendric Burney and safety Deunta Williams will be upheld.
The hearing comes the day before the Tar Heels (1-2) face East Carolina in their fourth game of the season.
Burney was suspended for six games and Williams received a four-game suspension from the NCAA for receiving improper benefits tied to several trips. If the suspensions are not reduced, Williams’ earliest return wouldn’t come until next week against Clemson while Burney’s would come Oct. 23 against Miami.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- HATCH: Destroying the Senate and our liberties
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors