- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
US midfielder Holden gets new contract with Bolton
Question of the Day
BOLTON, ENGLAND (AP) - American midfielder Stuart Holden has agreed to a contract extension with Bolton, just eight months after joining the English Premier League club from Major League Soccer’s Houston Dynamo.
The 25-year-old from Texas, who was born in Scotland, had been signed through this season. The club announced Thursday he agreed to a deal through 2012-13.
Holden initially joined Bolton in January on a short-term deal. The Netherlands’ Nigel de Jong broke Holden’s right leg during a March 3 exhibition against the U.S., restricting Holden to just three appearances last season, but he has started each of Bolton’s six Premier League matches this season.
A member of the U.S. World Cup team, Holden says the injury “made me more determined to make an impact when I came back for preseason.”
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Economists see signs of another market bubble
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs